When: Wed Apr 13 2016 (6:30 PM - 8:00 PM)
Where: GALA Theatre, 3333 14th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20010
Washington, D.C.’s first ever D.C. Duck Race is set for April 30, 2016. The Rotary Club of Washington D.C. will host the event on the Anacostia River at The Yards Park thanks in part to a partnership with the Capitol Riverfront Business Improvement District (BID).
The D.C. Duck Race is a fun, family-friendly event and festival that will bring the community together in support of local non-profits and organizations. "Sponsor” numbered rubber ducks that will participate in a race in the Anacostia River, with funds supporting the Rotary Club and community organizations. This event is modeled on many successful events hosted by Rotary Clubs across the United States, including one run in Aspen, Colorado for more than two decades.
First prize is $5,000 or a Special Duck worth $1,000,000!!* Plus an additional 10 or more prizes will be awarded.
Funds raised through this event:
- provide annual grants in excess of $140,000 to more than 30 local non-profits
- hosts career fairs for D.C. high school students
- provides dictionaries to local 3rd graders
- feeds the homeless every month in the nation’s capital
- supports international projects through matching grants
Rotary Club of Capitol Hill